CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

D2D - Lucky Bird!

As soon as I saw the latest challenge image for Designed2Delight digital stamps, All I could think of was Big Bird from Sesame Street! It must be those long stripey legs....  the colouring of the gumboots here is more like Dorothy the Dinosaur (from The Wiggles), but I had to clash with the stripy legs somehow!

Okay so... I made a nice big 6x6 inch card here.... I'm into squares at the moment it seems. There is an area left for a sentiment if needed, I jsut have to find the right sized alphas, since I printed and coloured before thinking of the sentiment!

Ingredients: Cardstock - Cre8tiv; Paper - Creative Memories; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Chalk - Pebbles Inc; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Aquash water pen.

I had to colour the bird yellow (probably because of my fixation with Big Bird from Sesame Street).  Hence the colouring of the legs.  I guess the green and orange gold card came in because I coloured the gumbies green and gold.  I used chalk for the background - green I know, but blue just didnt seem right witht eh green and gold layers. I didn't have any embellishments I thought appriate, so the  space will be for a sentiment - probably Good Luck, but more than likely it will be a Get Well Card.  I seem to use more of those than any other these days!

4 cared to share!:

Pat said...

Lucky bird is colored so pretty and ready for Spring! Thanks for joining us at D2D.

suzARTe said...

Another cute and bright card that I love

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Aww, so tweet Pauline! Terrific job on the card!
Thanks for joining us at Designed 2 Delight.

terrie said...

very nice card....I like the yellow bird...
well done