CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sweet Sweet Love

It's my turn to host over at One Powerful Hour this week ... I picked one of my favourite songs, by a fantastic 70s Australian Artist, Russell Morris.... He was brilliant then, and still is now!  He has an amazing song, called Sweet Sweet Love.... you can read the lyrics here ...or see/hear him sing  in it's original format here ... I love the song..... (actually, his music was the motivation for me to play the flute... so I guess I have a sweet sweet love for him still!)


Anyway, I have created a card with inspiration from the song... since the song is about a girl, here is a sweet one for you...

Ingredients: Pink Cardstock - Bazzill; photo printed vintage image; Vintage Lace (hand dyed); Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Paper Flowers; Wire edged organza ribbon.

The time consumer here was stitching the ribbon over the large ribbon in the photo. I tied a knot in the ribbon, and stitched it in place, using the photo as a guide.  I then trimmed it, and folded the edges in, and stitched all the way round, fluffing as I went, to create a huge 3D bow.  I love the way it turned out!

I matted the image, then after securing the flowers, I added the lace and secured it behind the matt.  I adhered this to the cardbase, and finally added the rhinestones. 

I do hope you'll come join us at One Powerful Hour for our themed challenges.... thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Keely Livings said...

Absolutely gorgeous project, Pauline!