CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Love Ya, D2D!

This week, the challenge image for Designed2Delight Digital Stamps is Love Ya. We all love cupcakes, and even if we say we hate those candy hearts, they are still eaten by the handful! This image was just perfect because today I needed a quick ard to get in the mail to a friend who's house was flooded overnight.  I hope the mail gets through!

Ingredients: Cardstock - Rosies; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Pink Matt Pen - Signo; Marker - Le Plume; Chalk Inks - ColorBox.

I wanted a bold and brash card - my friend loves red. I also made it bling free... because her littly bubby boy likes to eat bling! I printed the image 3 times, and coloured the base cupcake paper with red marker, and the outer frosting with pink Stardust.  I cut the inner frosting and hearts for a middle layer, and coloured the sprinkles with pink Stardust pen, and left the frosting untouched.   Yum.... frosting...

Final layer consists of the candy hearts, with the tops coloured in pnk Stardust, and the sides in pink matt gel pen. I cut a white mount to fit the red cardbase, and used chalk inks to distress the edges,,,, first in pink, then in red.  The image was mounted on the white, and then fixed to the cardbase. I like the contrast of the colours, and I know my friend will too.  She loves red, and she was married in these shades of pink!

I can't wait to see what image we receive for next week's challenge at Designed 2 Delight... Thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: