CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thank You, Pumpkin

I'm feeling a lot of gratitude at the moment.  My grandmother, aged 99, passed away last week, and we had a wonderful day of celebration and rememberance for her on Monday. She instilled a love of simple things in all of us, and I'm sure that's why I am drawn to simple and clean layouts in cards and scrapbooking.

This card uses a wonderful 2010 Pumpkin image from StretchNBubbles.  I love this particular pumpkin because of it's faux stitches with gives is so much depth, even as a single layer image!

Ingredients used: Cardstock - DCWV "Linen Closet"; Markers - Le Plume; Lace, Mini brad, 'Flower' Punch, white paper scrap, Gold Sentiment Sticker.

I've kept this card very simple, because I wanted the pumpkin image to really stand out. I printed the image three times, and coloured selected parts of it - I 'tole' layered the image to give it a subtle 3D depth, adhering it with DS tape (not foam tape).  I trimmed the cardstock and added the lace strips.  I then adhered the matt to the card, which secured the lace completely.  I punched out 3 'flower' shapes from scrap paper, and secured them with a brad, then fixed it through the pumkin image.  I adhered the pumkin to the card, and added a simple sentiment.

This sweet pumpkin is available right now from the SNB Shop - stay a while and treat yourself to some other images too! Thanks for peepin!

0 cared to share!: