CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Support Your Friends!

Ain't that the truth! We all need it, in many ways..... I bumped into a post at Shirleys 2 Girls ... a freebie digital image and sentiments.  Such a serious message that we all should harken too, but presented in a fun way! I collected the goodies, and here's what I created....

Ingredients used: S2G image set; Cardstock - Craft Affair, Cre8tiv, Valuecraft; Pink Metallic, Pink Glitter Gel Pens; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Ribbon Rose.

I mashed the image and sentiment together, and printed onto cream textured cardstock.  I cropped the image so that there was a 'cup runneth over', and matched a pink matt to outline the image.  I coloured the image with glitter pen, dotting pink metallic pen to the cups (although it photographs more as stripes!) and colouring over the dotted straps (much bolder on the card).  Through a hole on the centre bow, I added a ribbon rose (like most brassiere have), and secured it before mounting the topper onto the pink base card.  I added some rhinestone bling to glam it up....

This bling-y bra is entered into the BLING Challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters.... an apt creation for us sisters, I think!

Pop on over the S2G, grab the goodies, and create away .... if you send a copy of your creation to S2G (address is in the post), there will be a slide show created for all to see the bounty of boobies on the blog!

We hear all too often about breast screening, self exams and the like, but really, it's only 'too often' if you ignore it.  I urge you to look after yourself in EVERY WAY, 'boobies' included.... I wouldn't want to find out too late! But I'm still waiting for men to have THEIR version of a mammogram.... ouch!

1 cared to share!:

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS Pauline and yes, so fitting for 'the sisters'!! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge!