CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

For Fun Colour Challenge

This week at For Fun Challenges, we have a colour challenge for you to play with ..... the challenge colours are RED, BROWN, and CREAM ......

Ingredients used: Cardstock - Craft Affair, SU!; Chalks - Pebbles Inc; Black Stardust Pen - Sakura; Yellow Marker - Bic; Red Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Rub On Sentiment - Daisy Hill.

I played with chalks for this challenge - rather than solid colours, I wanted faded colours - just as my old farm clothes used to be!  I retouched the stitches with black stardust, as with his shoes, and added yellow marker to highlight the kneepatch and the stalk of wheat... after I chalked the ground at his feet, I decided that it needed a background... so I started with the sky. I love chalking skies.... clouds are so easy.... you just leave some patches unchalked and there they are! I then added some green shrubbery, and decided that I wouldn't detail any of the background, so its nice and fuzzy...

The Rub On sentiment is a distressed one - like an old label.... it says "Take It Easy" ..... which is nice to do in autumn out on the farm!
This week it is a sponsored challenged - Robyn's Fetish is kindly providing us with a yummy proze for the challenge winner... so here is your invitation..... pop in to For Fun Challenges, see the DT inspiration, and play along with us...

2 cared to share!:

Tracey said...

This is so cute Pauline :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, Pauline. I love the way you did the background.
Amelia x