CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Glitterfly

Hands up who likes Glitter and Bling! The challenge at For Fun Challenges this week is all about glitter....

The DT outdid themselves AGAIN with such a wonderful variety of inspiration - go visit to see what was created.... Here is my creation for you, using a photo printed vintage sketch.image:

Ingredients: Photo Printed Image; Cardstock - DCWV Cardbox, Basix; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft, DS Tape, White Irridescent Glitter (unknown)

I tinted the image by adjusting the hues before printing.  I then covered the image with DS tape, adhered glitter all over (what fun!), brushing away the excess and ensuring all the tape was spread with glitter (no sticky spots!). Although the photo image was nice and soft, the layer of glitter gives a lovey gentle feel to the card, but with real zing....although the pic here doesn't show as much, the glitter really glistens!

I adhered the photo to a cut purple matt, and fixed it to the patterned cardbase (DCWF has great boxes of variety printed cardstock!)  After fixing the image to the card, I added a light purple rhinestone border. I thought about adding some fabric flowers to the card, but because the background was a 'busy print' and the photo image was calmer, I left it alone, as I thought the contrast was complimentary enough, and I'll save the flowers for next time!

I hope you'll join us in the For Fun Challenge this week... it's so much fun to play with glitter.... thanks for peeping!

This card has also been entered into the challenge at:
My Time To Craft - Jewelled
Charisma Cardz - #36 Try Something New
(my something new - covering a photo image with glitter... love the effect!)

5 cared to share!:

CraftinGranny said...

DUH! I screwed up my comment so I'm starting over. So sorry Pauline. This card if one of my favorites. It's absolutely beautiful. Let me know what DS is when you get a chance. "Hugs" Carol

Vee said...

A really lovely design, thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck!
xx Vee

Pat said...

Lovely card, super colours and image. Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Pauline. Love the soft colours and image.
Amelia x

Tracey said...

Beautiful card - just stunning Pauline :)

Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx