CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

For Fun - Goodbye Summer!

The challenge at For Fun this week is themed:  Goodbye Summer Scrapbook Layout.  So we were to create a scrapbook page! 

My creation for you uses my first attempt at using digital elements in my scrapbook.  All the text is digital on acetate.  Still something to get used to.... I must be a traditionalist scrapper!

Ingredients used: 12x12 patterned paper (unknown, but will add details if I find them!); Cardstock - Core-dinations, Crushed Velvet Ribbon, Mini Brads.

I tore the core-dinations cardstock to create a matt for the photo, and placed it on the paper, adding some pencil marks at various points.  With a blade I cut the paper following it's design, so that the matted photo could be slipped behind some paper design elements (this is a technique I use often!).

I also used the blade to cut/lift some of the photo, so that it would appear that mu husband's arm and my daughter's hat were over the ribbon.

The photo was taken at a Camp Venue beside Lake Lascelles, in the north west of the state..... at our family Christmas Gathering. It was a great campsite, and the lake was completely EMPTY!  We've been in a drought for 10 years  or so, and the rains are only just starting to make a difference.  So the photo is fitting for this challenge, as our Christmas is in our Summer!  The title is from a 70's Pop song "Summer Love" ... yeah yeah, I love 70s music......

Thanks for peeping, and I invite you to join in our challenge at For Fun ... even if you don't join in the challenge, please visit the challenge site to see the awesome summer creations!

1 cared to share!:

Anonymous said...

What a stunning scrap page, Pauline. The colours of the papers and the photos just match perfectly. Great job!
Amelia x