CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

In a Fishbowl

I thought this was the cutest image - it reminded me of a previous workplace - our conference room was affectionately known campus wide as 'the fishbowl' because it had three walls of glass! This image from SNB is named Fishbowl.....available at the SNB shop now...

Ingredients: Acetate - Kaszazz; Embossed Cardstock, Teal Pearls - Kasiercraft; Markers - Bic; Stardust Glitter Pens, Glaze Pens - Sakura.

I had fun making this one.  I coloured the image with markers, and added glaze pen at the top and bottom of the bowl, and fishie's eyes, then glitter pen on the fish, seaweed, and sand. I thought I'd need a LOT of glaze pen to make it look glassy, then hit on the idea of using the image behind acetate, to give it that glassy flishbowl look.... so that's what I did .... I've adhered the image on the inside of a folded 'card' of acetate. 

The embossed cardstock was cut to fit inside the acetate card, and has a leaf pattern on it - kind of fishy shapes, huh?  I also added teal pearls for the fishie's bubbles, and they are on the outside of the acetate.

Thanks for peeping!

0 cared to share!: