CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Vintage Secret Garden

Our first challenge with the new team at One Powerful Hour is to visit the Design Team's blogs, and find something that inspires you to create.  Not always as easy as it seems, huh!  My inspiration came from Caroline's blog.... a mixture of two projects really..... her Secret Garden and Vintage ATCs.... I created a Vintage Secret Garden (at least the little girl looks as if she has a secret!).  I love vintage, flowers and gardens, and the secrets you might find there....

Ingredients: Cardstock - Bazzil, SU!; Tinted Vintage Photo; Vintage Fabric flower blossoms and buds; Lace, Pink Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Gold seed beads...

Although the card is quite simply put together, I have stitched flower, lace and bead embellishment onto the photo. I love creating cards in this fashion because it seems to breathe life into the image.  The wee little purple buds are actually flower stamens that I have removed from a flower barette..... I have no shame in repurposing items to craft with!    The rhinestone edging just adds that 'je ne c'est quoi' factor vintage vamp, bling, whatever you may call it, the card didn't look complete without the bling!

Thanks for peeping, and I do hope you'll visit the team blogs, take some inspiration, and share your creation with us at One Powerful Hour!

hugs and blessings,
Pauline

5 cared to share!:

Unknown said...

This has to be the most gorgious thing I have seen in a long time. And what detail you added just with a bit of fabric and bling! So glad that my pieces inspire you and I know what you mean by "inspiration overload" I to wanted to do a number of different things.

So glad to have you on the team!

Helen Dooley said...

this is beautiful!

Stef H said...

oh wow! this is gorgeous!!!! wow!

ileana said...

Ooohhhh!!! what a pretty card! love all your vintage ones! you are so good at that :-) so lovely! Hugs!

Amy said...

really cute and so sweet