CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #2

The current challenge at Sentimental Sundays was to create a card for someone special - although it Mother's day this weekend, it didn't have to be created for a Mum (which was good, since I'm all Mother's Day'd out!)... I'm playing with a lot of vintage images at the moment, so I ploughed through my collection to see what sentiments I had .... I cam up with this one, and thought it was fun!

Ingredients used: Bazzill CS, vintage fabric square, vintage valentine photo, apricot ribbon lace, a vintage button, antique gold chalk ink, a fabric flower...

I've used layers of the photo image and cardstock (all edged in chalk ink), fabric and lace to build the card, no special techniques at all.  I thought the flower was just perfect for this card - I'm sure it's a hibiscus bloom, but it so reminded me of the pumpkin flower, that I had to use it .... the colours and size were perfect for the card!  Thanks for looking...
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

1 cared to share!:

raindropecho said...

I love the vintage look of this card! The way that you placed that flower is fantastic and of course, love the writing on this card. Wonderful! Thanks for entering this into the Sentimental Sundays Challenge :)
- Ann