CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Cake and Candles ... an SNB release!

I loved the ideas this latest StretchNBubbles image has conjured up... a birthday so candle heavy that the candles would slide of the cake!   Reminds me of when my mum turned 40 .... as a 17 year old, I decided to bake a birthday cake, and place on top 40 candles.... when we lit the 40 candles... the flames seemed to gather as one ... like a bushfire in our own lounge room!


 Cardstock is Bazzill, and the lovely bright stripey glitter cardstock is DCWV.  I've coloured the image with H20's, and the candles with a Stardust pen.  I was quite happy with the way the colour varies in the cake, just as a real cake... Had I printed the image smaller, I'd have loved to have used some fabric flowers on the card to embellish... but as I did print it at about 4 inches wide, the glitter stripes provided enough... but so they weren't overpowering, I added a strip of pale pink pearls.  I used the wee green button brads in green, to contrast a little, and to connect with the flower-shaped candleholders that I had coloured green.

In keeping with 'birthday of many candles' theme, I thought the sentiment of "How Many Candles???" was fitting.  It was computer printed using LD Roses font.

0 cared to share!: