CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

MPS Challenge - Scallops and Frames

Our new challenge at the Michelle Perkett Studio is themed Scallops and Frames! We challenge you to take an MPS image, and create a card or project with scallops and frames! If you don’t have any of Michelle’s images there are wonderful images in Michelle’s Etsy store and you never know what you might find at the Crafters Digital Art Center group!

Here is my creation for the challenge, using Michelle's image of Pearl. I so love this image .... it looks exactly like my cousin, except she doesn't grace the ocean in pearls and gems, she prefers to fly light aircraft!

Ingredients:  White cardstock, Precut Scallop - Craft Market; Markers - Aqua Promarker, Copic Ciao; Stardust pens - Sakura; Rhinestones, Pearls - Kaisercraft; White Lace; Paper blossoms and buds - Bizzy Bec's, Heart Rhinestones. 
I coloured Pearl with Copic for her skin, and I waterbrushed a Sienna Aqua Promaker for her hair.  All other colouring is glittery Stardust.  I added rhinestsones and pearls everywhere I could (its all on the image!) and I trimmed the image with lace.  I added the wee paper rosebuds and blossom before fixing the image to the lace trimmed scallop layer.  All fixed to a 6x6 white cardbase. 

The winner of our challenge receives a digitial image of their choice from Michelle's Etsy store! There is some awesome inspiration at the MPS blog, so do go see it, and enter your own creation.... we'd love to see it! Thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: