CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dee Dee Delightful

This week I created a card to enter in the challenge at Crafting with Dee Dees Digis ....  yes, I know, a challenge I've been meaning to enter for ages.... well, I finally got there! And it was a sketch challenge! And I rarely enter those!

Here's my piece.... both the image and the sentiment are from Dee Dees Digis, but they are from different sets (the sentiment was paired with a flamingo)...

Ingredients: Cardstock, Paper - Cre8tiv;  Stardust, Glaze Pens - Sakura; Wine Rhinestones, Rub on Borders - Kaisercraft, Irridescent Glitter Glue - Papermania...

I loved the clean cut sketch to play with this challenge.... I coloured the cake image with glaze pens and stardust pens, using rhinestones for the berries, and leaving the cake frosting neat - I used glitter glue on it instead! I used rubons for the 'border' between the sentiment and the image, as I couldn't find a ribbon that I liked for the card. 

The paper beneath the image is pink with strawberries, quite appropriate for my chosen image - the sentiment is a different shape than the sketch, but I'm attributing that to artistic license.... thanks for peepin' at my card!

3 cared to share!:

Anonymous said...

oh I love this, the cake reminds me of a pavlova!!!

Gonna have to spy deedee's digis now!

Julie said...

Hey this card is yummy! Thanks for followong my blopg - I feel like a rockstar!

xx

Anonymous said...

Such a yummy card, Pauline! I especially like your color scheme and that wonderful strawberry paper -- what a great match with the image! I'm so thankful you were able to finally play along with us. :-) Hugs, Deedee